Here are some numbers: if you increase customer retention by 2%, this has the same effect as decreasing your costs by 10%. Did you know that retaining existing customers lowers your cost? It costs 6 times more to reach a new customer than to keep present customers. So how do we get more repeat business?
1. Superb customer service
How the customer feels after their purchase will play the mayor role in your success of selling another product to them. This is one of the most important factors that will help you thrive with repeat business. With all great customer service companies, customer service begins with the CEO. It’s the CEO’s responsibility to change organizational culture and make it more service oriented. You can’t put customer in the situation where they feel helpless and without solutions. A crucial part of employee training must be oriented towards providing excellent customer service to the clients. And there should be rewards for an employee who puts in extra effort to make sure customers are satisfied. In a nutshell, these are the rules of customer service that you must follow:
- Don’t make promises that you can’t keep.
- Answer your phone. Always.
- Don’t argue or be confrontational.
- Listen to what your customers say. You have two ears and one mouth. Use them in that ratio.
- Be constructive in dealing with the complaints.
- Be accessible and helpful.
- Continuous employee training in customer service.
2. Stay in contact with your clients
There are generally 3 different ways to stay in touch with your clients:
- Through Written Material – Frequent newsletters, email, sending a note for different special occasions, direct mail
- Social media – Following clients on their preferred social media platform, asking customers to follow your company page.
- Face to face contact – Inviting clients to attend events, helping the professional or local community where clients resides
3. Let customers know that you appreciate them
To show your customers you really do care about them you must go beyond the benign words like “Thank you” when a customer completes their purchase process. You must provide some incentives and rewards. Offer them relevant promotions through SMS text messages, emails, receipt messages or statement inserts. Sweepstakes and contests are great for repeat business. You must strategize and use messages that trigger actions. There is always an option for the loyalty rewards program that would encourage your clients to stick with your services.
To be successful with repeat business, you must always consider the client’s feelings before, during and after the completion of their purchase process.
What are your best methods for repeat business? Be sure to post the comment below.
Win more clients by creating impressive digital business proposals, price quotes, and contracts using ClientPoint Software
If you want your business proposals, price quotes, and contracts to stand out and give you the best chance at winning new clients, use ClientPoint’s business proposal software. It makes creating and formatting professional business proposals, price quotes, and contracts fast and easy. Click the button below to get a FREE demo of ClientPoint.